Sunday 13 May 2012

Top Fryers: Lamb Doner Kebab

The day has come when I finally cured my craving for one, hearty kebab! There are different types of kebabs but one of my favourite ones is a lamb kebab. This one in particular was from our local fish and kebab shop called ‘Top Fryer’ in Sidcup high street. This lamb doner kebab is specially prepared on an oven spit served in pitta bread and a concoction of salad of your choice. I got the large portion which only costs £4.80 (small is £4.00). For me, the large one was too large since I couldn't finish it all! Yes I know, even I’m quite shocked to say this since I have a BIG appetite! The good thing though was that I got to share it with mum and dad. To be fair, I wasn't exactly feeling hungry at the time, but I reckon this kebab will be an amazing hangover treat! 
Top Fryer's Lamb Doner Kebab!
I chose a mixture of fresh veggies for my salad including red and green lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and chilli. Some veggies you cannot see because they’re hidden under the kebab. The pitta bread was nice and hot, and it also balances the meaty flavour of the lamb – indeed a perfect combination for a lamb kebab. For the sauce, I chose garlic sauce because I think it complements the kebab just right due to its mild flavour and also, it doesn’t overpower the flavour of the lamb.
Fresh salad, pitta bread and garlic sauce to accompany my lamb doner kebab.

Holding my lamb doner kebab
In my opinion, this lamb dish is a healthy lunch because it covers all the nutrients you need for a balanced meal. Lamb for protein, pitta bread for carbohydrates and salad for vitamins and minerals. Overall, I really enjoyed eating Top Fryer’s lamb doner kebab! Next time, I hope to try their Fish and Chips! When we were ordering, I saw this man eating a large portion of Cod and Chips, immediately I thought that’s what I’m getting next time! Happy tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment